comics, art stuff, mind fluff.

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

zine related posting...



Hello! In case you didn't know already the London Zine Symposium is being held this Saturday, the 29th, at the Rag Factory, Heneage Street (off Brick Lane). It's a great chance to check out lots of different zines and self published stuff, take part in some workshops and generally have a good time. Last year I went with a crippling hangover, but despite this, and the fact the venue was really hot and very crowded I had a great time. Quick plug for my friend Emma who will be there on behalf of the Brighton Zinefest Collective, with lots of good stuff on sale...

Despite my enthusiasm for the Zine Symposium, I won't be there as I'm visiting my parents in Bristol over the weekend. This ties in nicely with my next bit of info though...via the internets I was made aware of this- a call out for donations to a new zine library in Bristol, which seems like a great idea. Donate if you can!

3 comments:

I'm so so happy! said...

it was really good. but i feel like i see the same stuff over and over now...like literally. the exact same stuff..which i guess is good for my wallet.
my mum has loads of copies of an old zine she did with her friend from 76-79...so i might do some repros of them and have a stall at the next alternative press fair..who knows who knows. need to make some too... might make a london guide...
are you going to the women's library zine thing? I am volunteering there.
x

I'm so so happy! said...

opps. [this is lennylikeslibraries by the way. just logged in under my normal gmail account, so it comes up as my shitty old blog] x

Siobhan said...

hello! yes I am going to go the zinefest...your mum's zine sounds ace, you should certainly reprint them and donate a copy to the library!